Need to upgrade firmware on the new LNL-1320-S3B but no patch file exists for the version of OnGuard in use.
A manual method is required to upgrade the firmware.
- Download the latest version of the Accessory Add-On for Mercury Firmware from the Partner Center.
- Run the installer which will extract the firmware to the OnGuard folder. This needs to be done on all Communications Servers.
- Browse to the OnGuard folder and locate the file named LNL1320_2.bin to LNL1320_2.bin.org (signifying this is the original Series 2 firmware).
- Rename the LNL1320_3B.bin to LNL1320_2.bin.
- In Alarm Monitoring, locate the LNL-1320-S3B reader board and initiate the firmware download. Once completed, the firmware version should reflect the new update.
- Undo the naming performed in step 3 to avoid sending firmware for the LNL-1320-S3B to a series 2 reader board.
OnGuard versions 7.5 and earlier
The reader will not show as as attached to an LNL-1320-S2B but as a LNL-1320 Series 2 in Alarm Monitoring, but the correct firmware version will be reported.
Copyright © 2022 Carrier. All rights reserved.