Enabling IE Mode in MS Edge Browser (Chromium-based)
When trying to access License Administration or an Access Panel’s Web Configuration page, you may have issues with non-IE browsers. Enable IE Mode in Edge to enable you to access these resources, even if the Internet Explorer browser has been disabled on your PC.
1. From a Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge, navigate to the ‘Settings and more’ menu (three dots at top right):
2. From this menu, select Settings
3. At top left of the screen, search for IE Mode
4. Scroll down until you find the search results that are highlighted in yellow
5. Under the setting titled ‘Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge’, select ‘Incompatible sites only (Recommended), under the setting titled ‘Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE Mode) select ‘Allow’, and under the setting titled ‘Internet Explorer mode pages’, select ‘Add’ and enter the URL of the page you want to open in IE Mode, you can also enable the IE Mode button in the browser for added convenience.
6. The next time you open a page you’ve added to the URL list, it should open in IE Mode, which should allow you to access the requested resource, as if you’re using the IE browser.
All OnGuard versions
Necessary on systems where IE has been removed due to Microsoft Updates. Additional steps may be required to enable additional ciphers/security types disabled by Registry or Group Policy Settings.
This will not work in older versions of MS Edge browser that are not Chromium-based, so you may need to update your copy of MS Edge.
Copyright © 2023 Carrier. All rights reserved.