"Invalid selection for field" error occurs after creating a new user or modifying an existing user from the Location or Division drop-down menus. New selections added into List Builder can be chosen without any issues.
- Log out of System Administration.
- Back up current AccessControl database.
- Right-click on AccessControl and select New Query.
- Paste the following query then execute:update dept set NAME = RTRIM(NAME)update title set NAME = RTRIM(NAME)update location set NAME = RTRIM(NAME)update division set NAME = RTRIM(NAME)
- Log into System Administration and test if the selection can now be made.
OnGuard (all versions)
Note: This issue may occur with other drop-down menus than Location or Divition. Find the appropriate table in the Database for the drop down that is having an issue. Run a single line of the above query replacing the table name used with the one the issue is occurring with.