How to perform a custom installation of the Communication Server on an LNVR or LDVR
Procedure StepsThe following procedure provides the steps for installing the Communication Server service on an LNVR or LDVR. This procedure should only be performed on an LNVR or LDVR that requires a local Communication Server or at the advisement of Lenel Technical Support.
Note: The installation of a Communication Server on an LDVR is required for configuring a virtual matrix switcher. Communication Server should be installed on the LDVR to which the camera is physically connected (with an RS-232 to RS-485 converter for example).
1) Insert the OnGuard Installation disc into the disc drive of the LNVR or LDVR. Click the Windows Start button, then click Run. In the Run window, browse to the disc and select setup.exe from the disc drive.
2) When prompted, read the Software License Agreement. If you agree to its terms, select the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button and click [Client].
3) Select the Custom System radio button and click [Next].
4) The Browse for Computer window is displayed. Specify the location of the licensing host and then the database server.
Note: On larger systems, it may be easier to type the locations in manually in the next window.
Note: On Enterprise systems, these locations should specify the Regional server, NOT the Master server.
5) Review the system location information and change if necessary. Click [Next].
6) Click the icon to the left of Standard Applications and select This feature will not be available.
7) Click the icon to the left of Documentation and select This feature will not be available.
8) Expand the Server Applications category and select only the Communication Server feature to be installed. Click [Next].
9) Click [Install].
10) When the installation is complete, the Security Utility will run. Follow the on-screen instructions for the utility.
After the application has finished installing, you will need to configure the ODBC DSN connection for communication with the OnGuard database. Refer to the Advanced Installation Topics for more information.
Applies ToOnGuard (All versions)
LNVR (All versions)
LDVR (All versions)