The X that can be seen in the System Status Tree in Alarm Monitoring could be black, red, or yellow.
A black X is displayed in the System Status Tree if the access panel is not marked online. This is done in System Administration. From the Access Control menu, select Access Panels. There is a check box to configure the access panel as Online.
To correct this, choose the access panel that is showing the black X in Alarm Monitoring, then select the Online check box.
A red X is displayed if there is no connection or communication to the access panel.
You may see this when the Communication Server service is not running. Additionally, "Software Connection Error" will be displayed in Alarm Monitoring.
You may also see this if the access panel is not wired or there is no communication to the Communication Server, but the access panel is marked online via the software.
If the access panel is powered off, a red X would be displayed in Alarm Monitoring as well.
A yellow X is displayed when there is a downstream communication problem. Note that this is not a comprehensive list, but a few possible scenarios are:
- Addressing of the hardware may be incorrect.
- Jumpers on the hardware may be incorrect.
- The hardware may not be properly powered.
- For an LNL-1300 or LNL-1320, the baud rate may not match the baud rate of upstream devices.
- For the LNL-1320, the Reader Type may be incorrect. This should be configured as Dual Interface Reader 1 or Dual Interface Reader 2 in System Administration on the Readers form.
- For the LNL-2220, the Reader Type may be incorrect. This should be configured as IDRC Onboard Reader 1 or IDRC Onboard Reader 2 in System Administration on the Readers form.