Playback video is black
This issue only applies to OnGuard versions 6.6 or earlier.
Steps to reproduce problem:
- Install 6.6 version of OnGuard.
- Setup LNVR channel with MPEG4 encoding.
- Install LNVR 7.1 or Prism 1.2 on the same machine as the Alarm Monitoring client resides.
- Export MPEG4 video from LNVR channel to .asf format
- Playback the exported file using Window Media Player.
- Results: The video will be black, the file is corrupted.
Reason: The wrong version of source filter is loading into Alarm Monitoring during the export process. A unique way that the directX source filters were detected in older versions of OnGuard not compatible with side-by-side support logic. The issue is now fixed in OnGuard 7.0 or later.
- Locate the older (7.0 or earlier) version of LnrFileSrcu.ax. Typically it would be located under C:\program files(x86)\Common Files\Lenel Shared\LNVSuite Client Components
- Open a command prompt as administrator
- Re-register this older version using regsvr32.exe command, for example:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\program files(x86)\Common Files\Lenel Shared\LNVSuite Client Components\LnrFileSrcu.ax
- Restart Alarm Monitoring for the change to take effect.
NOTE: This procedure will need to be applied on every client machine that has side-by-side installation where video export is needed.
OnGuard (6.6.287 and earlier)