ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server is missing from clients updated to OnGuard 7.4 using the Client Update Server service.
As of OnGuard 7.4.457, the ODBC System DSN requires ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server to connect to the database. When the Client Update Server service updates the client to OnGuard 7.4.457, the necessary ODBC driver is not being installed. An error message like the one that follows is received:
To resolve this on clients that have not already been updated:
- Contact Technical Support and request the OnGuard 7.4.457.5 update.
- Install OnGuard 7.4.457.5 on the Lenel application server.
- On the application server, navigate to the OnGuard install directory (typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\OnGuard) and copy Lnl.OG.AutoUpgrade.client.exe).
- Paste the file in the client's OnGuard directory, overwriting the existing version.
- Run Lnl.OG.AutoUpgrade.Client.exe on the client to begin the upgrade.
For any clients that have already been upgraded, installing ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server on the client will resolve the issue. This driver can either be downloaded from Microsoft directly or find it on the installation media in %\OG_7_4_457\Windows\Temp\ODBCSQL.