How do you update an NGP controller license?
The NGP controller has a license file which is in addition to the OnGuard license file. This license determines the features that are enabled on the controller. The controller license might need to be reloaded or changed in either of the following cases:
- The site is upgrading their NGP controller model.
- Some condition exists, and Technical Support personnel have decided that another license file will correct the condition.
Perform the following procedure:
- The new license file has the ".asc" extension. Place this file on a drive that the client can navigate to.
- Verify that the controller is powered up and connected to the network.
- Navigate to the System Administration > Access Control > Access Panels > NGP tab.
- Select the NGP controller to be updated.
- Navigate to the Location tab of this controller.
- Click [Configuration Web Page].
- A web page attempts to open in the web browser. You might receive the error “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate”. Click [Continue to this website].
- You might receive the security warning “The current web page is trying to open a site on your intranet. Do you want to allow this?”
- Enter the name and password of the Service user of the controller.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page that is displayed. Click the “License” link.
- Browse to the location of the controller license file, and then select it. The file is identified in the Path text box.
- Click [Update].
- When complete, observe the “Successful License Update” message above the links.
- You might need to power cycle the controller.
This operation requires the NGP Service User credentials. Other NGP user credentials will not gain access to the controller.