How to collect an LNL-4420 crash dump
If problems occur when rebooting LNL-4420 panels or there are other instability issues with these panels, and you escalate the issue to Mercury, they may ask for a crash dump. This article addresses how to enable and gather a crash dump log for review by Mercury.
- Format an sdram card for FAT16 or FAT32 file systems.
- Place the formatted sdram card into the sdram slot located on the panel.
- Log into the panel’s webpage.
- On the Diagnostics page, select the Enable Dump Files check box.
- Click [Submit], then [OK].
- On the Apply Settings page, click the [Apply Settings, Reboot] button.
- The panel will now reboot with the new setting active.
- Log back into the panel's webpage.
- On the Diagnostic page, download the encrypted file, and then submit it for the engineering review.
Afterward, to reverse the changes made:
- Deselect Enable Dump Files.
- Delete the existing dump file.
- Submit the changes.
- Apply settings to Reboot the panel.
A crash dump file will only be created after there is a software crash. No other action will create a crash dump.