What steps should I take when bringing a newly configured camera online in OnGuard?
Note: This is a basic check list to ensure you match the fundamental conditions required when bringing a camera online in OnGuard
- Confirm that the camera type is supported by OnGuard.
- Confirm that the camera is programmed as the proper camera type in System Administration.
- Confirm that the firmware version on the recorder match the supported version according to the OnGuard compatibility chart.
- Confirm that the user name and password in the System Administration configuration of the camera are correct. Retype it to make sure.
- Confirm that the password for the camera does not have any special characters in it. If it does, remove them and re-add the password to System Administration.
- Confirm that you can ping the camera IP from the recorder.
- Confirm that you can view the camera webpage from the recorder.
- Confirm that you have updated the capabilities.
- Confirm that you have successfully downloaded the recorder. A download is considered successful if, as you watch its progress in Alarm Monitoring, you see “Panel Download Started” and a “Panel Download Complete.” In between these events you might also see “Communications Loss” followed by “Communication Restored” as part of normal function. Note that the following alarms indicate a problem occurred during the download:
- Communication Access is Denied – go back to step 4 and try again.
- Driver Error in Panel Download
- If the camera does not come online, try a different codec (for example, if using H.264, does the camera come online in MJPEG?).
- If camera is still offline, contact the Technical Support Group.