How to change the keypad output mode on Schlage AD300/AD400 locks to 8-bit.
- Connect the HHD/SUS to the AD-300/400 using the HHD USB cable. The connector on the AD-300/400 is on the bottom of the outside escutcheon (reader/keypad side).
- Start the SUS on the HHD, and log in as Manager (default password is 123456, unless it has been changed).
- Make certain that the AD-300/400 is powered on, and then press the Schlage button on the reader/keypad twice.
- The bottom-left side of the SUS screen should now show AD-300 or AD-400 connected.
- At the bottom of the screen, click [Properties].
- At the top of the Properties screen, click [Reader]. There is a dropdown list to select 1 through 11.
- Scroll down and select 3 from the dropdown list for 8-bit keypad output.
- Click [Save].
- Disconnect the HHD/SUS from the AD-300/400.
- In System Administration > Readers and Doors, confirm that the Keypad is set to 8-bit output for the configured Schlage lock.
- The AD300/AD400 keypad can now be used to enter PINs.
OnGuard (All versions)