Notice for users regarding powering readers from the LNL-X4420, LNL-X2220, and the Series 3 MR52. The Reader Power Select option on the LNL-X4420, LNL-X2220, and Series 3 boards has changed.
When 12 VDC is applied to power the board and if 12 V is selected for reader power, the reader ports will no longer supply power. The decision was made to change this because of concerns about the output voltage stability and effects on the output capacitor failure rates, since it wasn’t designed for this purpose. For the newer version of the boards, the 12 V regulator for the reader power output is shut down when the input voltage is ~15.5 V. Impacted Products The following table indicates which boards this pertains to, and to which revisions this change applies:
(printed on PCB)
LNL-1320 Series 3
- If 24 VDC is applied to a board with pass-through selected: 24 VDC will be passed through to reader ports.
- If 24 VDC is applied to a board with 12 V selected: 12 VDC will be supplied to the reader ports.
- If 12 VDC is applied to a board with pass-through selected: 12 VDC will be passed through to reader ports.
- If 12 VDC is applied to a board with 12 V selected: 0 VDC will be supplied to the reader ports.
- This is the scenario that changed. While this scenario may have allowed voltage to be supplied to the reader ports on older versions of the boards, this was never the recommended configuration and has always been documented accordingly in the boards' installation manuals.
Customer Actions In cases where there is a field installation of the applicable board(s) or they are being replaced, customers will have to notify installers that where there is 12 VDC supplied to the board, they must change the Reader Power Select jumper to the PT position if necessary.
Reader Power Select option on the LNL-X4420, LNL-X2220 and Series 3 boards.
Contact LenelS2 OnGuard Technical Support at 800-631-6046, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2022 Carrier. All rights reserved.