How to enable audio for the analog channels on an HVR
- Login to the hybrid recorder and browse to the following location : C:\program files\common files\Lenel.
- Right-click on the LnrHikvisionCapSrc.config file and select Open.
- Choose the Selet a program from a list option and select Notepad.
- Note: If the LNVR is Windows Vista/2008/7, Notepad must be run as an Administrator.
- In Notepad, change the value of the <EnableAudio> tag to True or 1.
- Save the file and then restart the LNVR services.
- Note: If the LNVR is Windows Vista/2008/7, the Start/Stop LNVR services will need to be run as an Administrator.
- On the OnGuard workstation, log into System Administration. Open the Digital Video folder.
- Select the hybrid recorder that was modified above and click [Update Capabilities].
- After the update completes, select the Camera tab and find one of the analog channels on the HVR.
- Click [Modify], and then select the Normal mode tab. The Audio and Recording checkboxes should now be available.
Note: System Administration will allow you to enable these checkboxes, but your license will be checked when saving to see if your license permits audio. To save these channels there must be enough channels that are not using the DV-LNR-CHA1 license bit.